Monday, August 29, 2011

Downsizing when your down and out

The yard sale route is just not my preference.  It's a lot of work with little return when you reach the age of 50.  So, I've been exploring other avenues to clean out the closets, basement and overflowing cabinets.  I've found the the "collectibles" have been greatly reduced in value, thanks to online auctions.  What has been profitable is our local antique mall!  It costs me $40 a month to rent a small space.  I rotate the vintage items in and out about twice a  month.  So far, I've never failed to receive a check!  It's fun to chat with others who remember life without cell phones too!  Check out your local areas and if you have a mind to clean out your vintage clutter, you may find a new hobby.

One tip ... don't over price.  I price glass and pottery at 1/2 the value I see on the online auction sites.  I don't want it and would rather have $8 for a vase then something more to dust.  Plus I don't have to pack it up and ship it by doing online auctions!

No comments:

Post a Comment